For more information about the services below, call our 24-hour hotline at 1-800-400-8551.
VOICe provides Emergency Shelter for survivors and their children who are fleeing abusive relationships. Our 24/7 Hotline is available for emotional support, information on community resources, and a shelter assessment by one of our trained Advocates.
Shelter services are designed to meet the basic needs of victims and their children, offering clothing, toiletries, as well as offering support for any specialized needs. While staying in the Emergency Shelter, our Advocates provide safety planning education, personalized goal plans, emotional support, and crisis intervention to help victims begin to rebuild their lives.
Shelter also provides survivors with an environment of other survivors in similar, but different, situations. Together, survivors can participate in educative and empowering group counseling in order to learn and grow during their time away from their relationship.
Maintaining the privacy and safety of each resident is one of the cornerstones of VOICe. All communication is confidential.
Additional on-site supportive services include:
- Assistance with connecting to supportive services in the community, including healthcare, welfare, social security benefits, and childcare
- Meetings with our legal department, which provides advocacy and accompaniment for residents in the court system
- Supportive and educative counseling, individual and group
- Referrals to therapy options designed to aid women or children in the process of healing from trauma
- Career and education advocacy to help residents explore school and work opportunities
In addition to the Emergency Crisis Shelter, VOICe maintains two transitional housing programs within Butler County. The programs focus on different goals, so eligibility requirements vary. To speak with an Advocate, please call 1-800-400-8551.