For more information about our Children’s Program, call our hotline at 1-800-400-8551.
About our Children’s Program
The purpose of our Children’s Program is to provide services to children and adolescents who have experienced or witnessed a traumatic event related to violence or sexual assault. In addition, VOICe provides services for families to acquire the tools needed to eradicate the generational cycle of abuse.
It is the mission of the Children’s Program to provide preventative interventions to the communities of Butler County, PA, as well as the clients we serve.
VOICe provides the following children’s services in a manner that is age appropriate:
- Individual Counseling
- Self Esteem Enhancement
- Safety Planning
- Good Touch vs. Bad Touch
- Domestic Violence Education
- Drug and Alcohol Education
- On-Going Support
Child Abuse Resources
To report suspected child abuse, contact the Pennsylvania Child Line at 1-800-932-0313. VOICe staff and volunteers are mandated reporters of child abuse.
To ask questions regarding child abuse, contact the Butler County Children and Youth office at 724-284-5156.
Did You Know…
- Suspicion of abuse is all that is necessary to file a report with Pennsylvania ChildLine.
- Children who are abused are at a higher risk for crime, substance abuse, dropping out, teen pregnancy and other social problems.
- 85% of all long-term prisoners were abused as children.
- Children respond better to approval and affection than to punishment.
- When parents receive emotional and information support, abuse against children decreases.